Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk...

First, I am emotional (well, just cry easily for no apparent reason at all). They tell me it's the hormones. Oh well. I am perfectly fine...feel great. It just sometimes hits me at odd times - like Dancing With the Stars or even a crazy commercial. HA. 

Second, I (we) are tired. Of course. There are hungry babies in the house. Nuf said.

To feed these hungry, growing, hungry children (did I mention they are hungry?!), I am mostly pumping breastmilk, a.k.a. Liquid Gold. It is just so much easier to have others able to help with feedings!  I was preparing the bottles for last night's feedings and wasn't seeing straight. I looked up with a gasp, hoping that it wasn't what I thought. But it was. I had spilled Liquid Gold all over the counter. Tears. Then Laughter. Still laughing.

Don't cry over spilled milk, (unless, of course, it's liquid gold).

Silas and Avery are doing great!  They still eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, 24 hours a day, growing like crazy! Silas is still our "little old man"... this morning, he just was NOT having the cool little baby toys (big swing, bouncer seat, play mat), so I finally put him in the chair beside me. He now has a new favorite place: the big man's chair. See what I mean?



My mom brought some pictures from the day they brought me home from the hospital... I said... oh wow! a fat Avery. ha! see?



 


We actually went to church and snuck into the balcony Sunday! Well, we were late (of course), but finally made it (all 4 of us!). They did great and slept the whole time:-) We need practice with "outings"... I'm learning to set aside about an hour more to leave than I actually think it will take to get out the door. ha!  


ONE MONTH OLD! wow.
Hotty Toddy!!  Notice Avery doing the Heisman pose:-)!

Here are a few more pics from the week...
They LOVE their Mimi!
Just hand me the blapper and get these cameras out of my way! There's a game on people!

Just had to show off the back of his cute onesie;)


Avery LOVES her bath. Watch out world... another spa queen is born!


8 comments:

  1. I can't get over how big they have gotten!!!! Avery is definitely a mini-meredith :) I understand completely about crying over spilled "liquid gold" milk! I am so proud of you for getting out with the babies and VERY impressed. They are both SO adorable and I can't wait to come see them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meredith and Bruce,
    I just read the blog and looked at all of the adorable pictures! They are both SO precious!! I wish I could come over every day to hold one a few hours for you. Can't wait to get the chance to meet them in person.
    Had to smile over the spilled milk story. Everything seems monumental when your hormones are going crazy. Just keep telling yourself that. :)
    "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Love to all,
    Patty B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I feel your pain with the emotions and crying all the time! I still am emotional but right after VK was born I cried at everything! So weird but I finally gave up and just cried at everything instead of trying to hold it in! Poor Brian... he is like what are you crying about now!! HAHA!!! LOVE YALL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much Avery looks like you and how much Grace looks like your mom in the pic of your mom holding you! So proud of you for being such an amazing mom already. Love watching these little guys grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful comments and new pictures...I love your blog...

    Oh, yes, expect the tears--pretty much for the rest of your life...Your babies will always give you a reason to cry from time to time, hopefully all happy tears...lol..

    Thanks for keeping us updated with your comments and wonderful pictures..I can't believe how much Avery looks like you..I have thought Silas favored you in the pictures I have seen..And, my goodness, how much Grace favors Mimi..You all are beautiful, handsome, and have gorgeous babies!!!..Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing an awesome job...I can't even remember what it was like when Meagan and Terra were newborns. I do remember I could not have done it without my mom and Ann. I do remember wondering IF I WOULD EVER get another full night of sleep. Tears...yes, plenty were shed. Avery and Silas are changing every day. They are precious. I hope to see you soon. I guess I shouldn't mention I am on the beach at Destin recuperating!!!! I know...that's was mean. Love all four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey mere!! yes i am so excited !! dr perry was very nice and i am very thankfl not to see him again!! i go to DR Gebheart i love him!! i cant wait to see yours in person some day they are too cute in the pics i keep up with you on here and on fb! i cant wait for my lil marlee and aubree to get here!!!

    love aleesha

    ps .. if you have any advice im all ears lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are too cute!!! And, yes... I've cried over the spilled Liquid Gold as well! And.. I've cried for no reason at all! Ryan and I just look at each other and start laughing! I can't wait to meet them!!

    ReplyDelete