Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome to Our World

Welcome to the world Silas and Avery!!  Born 9/1/10... Silas at a svelt 5lb13oz, 18 3/4 in long and Avery at a dainty 5lb4oz, 18 1/4 in long!  Mom and Dad couldn't be happier and more thankful that they're here healthy and safely. Here is what I heard while in surgery - you can't tell me anything that sounds better than this!!

After 4 nights in the hospital, Mom and babies are home safe and sound.  And- thank the Lord for awesome Moms... my wonderful Mom has been here and been a life-saver!  She's been "working" the 12-6:30 shift at night - whew!

Silas and Avery are so much fun - their little personalities are already showing (I'm sure these will change many times in the next years)... Silas has this serious, thinking face that he does - cracks me up!  And Avery is just bright eyed and happy to see the world... she seems to be the more laid back one so far:-)

The hospital had someone come around and take pictures - I'll share my favorite:
They most definitely LOVE to be next to one another!  We have them sleeping in a bassinet with their heads at opposite ends - but definitely have them close for snuggle time for naps:-)  

With newborns and as first time parents, I find myself with new obsessions:
1)  How long has it been since they've eaten?  You sure? 
2)  Did you mark on the record sheet that wet diaper?
3) What color was that poop?  
4)  How many dirty diapers have they had?
    - I understand there are two times in your life that your obsessed with poop. As a parent of a newborn and....
5)  Is that paci sterilized?
6)  Are they still hungry?  How could they still be hungry?  
7)  and the list goes on and on! 

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention our first child. Millie has been patiently sitting at the door with her leash in her mouth BEGGING for a walk. Bless her heart. She has found the only way to get a word in and have some sort of control:


When we can't find the "blapper", we must check Millie's bed. HA.

Alright, looks like naptime is over.....


5 comments:

  1. Dear Silas and Avery,
    I can't wait to meet you! I will teach you ALL kinds of things....like how to put your toes in your mouth and how to reach for your mom and look really pitiful just so she will pick you up. Tell your mom that my mom said she is excited about the blog and can't wait to see more pictures.
    Love, Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to hear from you, via your blog..Love the pictures..I know it's great having Mimi there and Grace so near..I am looking forward to seeing Silas and Avery soon...Please keep sending pictures..Love you all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home Silas and Avery! The Nolen's can't wait to meet you this winter down in MS!! In the meantime, we'll be checking back on the blog for lots of fun updates and pictures! :)
    Love
    Carrie, Clay and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,all,
    I am so glad to get the update!! The babies are so beautiful,and I know y'all are settling in nicely. What blessed little ones Silas and Avery are to be in your wonderful family. Tell Darlene to work hard and let y'all rest!!
    love,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, sweet babies!

    Meredith, here is the progression of parental paci-sterilization:

    1) first child (or children in your case):
    anytime the paci falls or comes remotely close to anything non-sterile, immediately run to the sink, wash and then boil.

    2) second child:
    pick paci off floor and wipe off with shirt.

    3) third child:
    take paci out of dog's mouth and stick back in baby's mouth.

    ReplyDelete