Sunday, April 26, 2015

Wrapping up April

Mid-April, the Grenada Fast Pitch Softball team hosted a Strike Out Cancer event with the American Cancer Society. Mom and I were honored to be invited to participate and even more so when they asked us to throw out the first pitch of the game. The event began with so many obvious hours of hard work by the players and parents committed to honoring cancer survivors. 


Dozens of survivors were recognized at a special ceremony then Mom and I headed (with Avery) to the pitcher's mound for the first pitch. Silas had a t-game, so he had to stay in Madison with Bruce. I tried to convince Mom to throw the pitch, but she would not have it. (and I was a little nervous.. saying to myself, "just don't bounce the ball in front of the plate, don't bounce it" haha).  
All went fine (and I threw a strike (SMILE)) and we had a great time watching those sweet girls play fast pitch, reminiscing the thousands of wonderful hours we spent there on the field when I was growing up.  


It was such a special night! 


The next weekend, we took the opportunity to spend a night at Mimi and Papaw's house. Weather was perfect for fishing… and there was much work to be done on the farm. Papaw needed a little more help, and he had two very eager volunteers!



We always LOVE spending a low-key day riding the polaris (and tractor), enjoying the outdoors…. again reminiscing so many days my friends and I spent exploring these woods.  I think I enjoy re-living these experiences just as much as Silas and Avery enjoy them!  


School is almost out… 


No comments:

Post a Comment