Last week we had the kids' Jackson Academy Easter Egg Hunt and party. Of course I couldn't miss it. This was one of the rare days they didn't have to wear their uniforms - it was so cute seeing all their friends in play clothes! I dropped them off in carpool and helped set up for the party then headed to the football field. They didn't know I was going to be there:-)
Look at that face in the middle. Gets me every time!
They were instructed to "find" 12 eggs each. (12 eggs only) One Warf was paying attention. I'll let you guess.
On cue, all 100 or so of them dashed from the 20-yard line to grab the eggs on the football field. Which leads me to another little funny: Silas was so upset that they didn't hide the eggs... little buddy enjoys a challenge, I suppose.
In the midst of the chaos of 4 year olds and parents, Silas ran up and hugged my leg, so proud of his 12 eggs! It wasn't 30 seconds later that I hear Avery calling me as she is running toward me, her bucket overflowing with eggs (spilling out as she runs). She is smiling ear to ear and said, "I got the most!". (I didn't know of the 12-egg rule at this moment) Silas said, "Avery, you got too many!" I thought he was just upset she had more than he... then he sat down and counted them out and told me about the rule.... oh mercy.
Their sweet teacher! Oh, and Silas got a "star" on his card for following the rules at the hunt...
The Easter Bunny was there too! Here is most of their sweet Dalmation class:
Afterwards, both Silas and Avery explained that that was just a grown-up dressed like the real Easter Bunny. Geesh.
It was such a fun party!









No comments:
Post a Comment