Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January means… Upward Season!

Drumroll please… the day Bruce has waited for… for 5 years:  Silas and Avery playing Upward Basketball!  They are finally old enough to participate and both are pretty excited about it.  Each Saturday, their names are called and they run out of the big tunnel smiling from ear to ear:



This is serious, y'all.



That's my girl…. with the corner shot!


Avery totally scored a full court football lay-up (visualize with me), then turns to Bruce with the camera and says like this, "I scored."


Serious dribbling with the lefty's right hand:-)

And super spectator:

Avery and I missed last week and visited Moppy in the hospital… She fell January 5 while turning out the lights to go to bed and broke her femur… had surgery that night and has been rehabbing hard since then. After 7 days of medical complications, she finally was able to start acute rehab last week. We are so thankful she is getting such wonderful care and sooooooo thankful she is okay.  Since I'm the family resident PT, I headed back up to Jackson, TN with Avery for a girls road trip and to see she and Poppy.  Girls road trip means princess karaoke for 4 1/2 hours (I really thought she would nap at least some…), getting nails done with GayGay.. and coloring with Poppy… and cheering up everybody.  







And I would be remiss if I didn't remind everyone of the cutest almost three year-old around: (and sometimes most mischievous, but always the most smiley...)

No comments:

Post a Comment