Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4th weekend and Moppy turns 80!

We've been waiting on the holiday week for some time now… and couldn't WAIT to get there!  We gathered at Mimi and Papaw's house…

My four first mates on the ferry: (three of them in the back)
and one in the front!
The water level does create some interesting predicaments, but we improvise!
If we could only figure out some way to get some of our water to that California drought…. now that would be like winning the lottery!

Sweet kids and precious moments.

Papaw helped Silas rig his fishing pole with a stick so he could "practice casting". 


Another picnic… of course!  We loved having all the family here with us!

Jack and Silas… ambushed me with water guns!
And Uncle Bobby had magic tricks…

Heart smiles all around.  We enjoyed our night at the lake with Moppy and Poppy!



As an aside, I must record some of the funny ways the kids say things before I forget…
 - Avery adds a "-ted" on the end of her verbs to make them past tense which is too funny.  "But mommy, I talk-ted to him, I eat-ted that, when I laugh-ted, my tummy hurt-ted when I…" I can't correct her, it's too cute.
 - On one of our overnight trips to Grenada, I apparently brought the wrong toothpaste. Avery proceeded to say "nooooo, I don't like that toothpaste. It's disgusting."  After I closed my mouth from dropping open in shock, I asked her "Avery, where did you learn that word?" She promptly replied "the girl from Des-pickle (despicable) Me movie. The girl that has the glasses on"  My mercy.

And after a night of rain, we had morning aerobics with GG and the MagicMoves microphone:-)

Cloudy, rainy, and 71 degrees on July 4th?  We swim anyway!!

This one.  Sweet Garnini. 

A little tug of war, boys vs girls style:  (believe it or not, the mass on each side of the center force is about equal here… )

In case you wondered, she did wear the goggles all day long.

It finally cleared up outside and was a beautiful day!  The first 4th of July that hasn't been 95 degrees in several years!


Time for water balloons!!

And I don't think ANYone had more fun than this little outdoor boy this weekend. He literally stayed outside the entire time, casting his fishing rod, shooting water guns, catching frogs… he literally caught 50 of them… found them in the pool (and in one of Mimi's mixing bowls from the kitchen… well, ex-mixing bowls) … big frogs, little frogs, all kinds… I told him, just no snakes!

And then the game…

Which did include everyone getting wet… soaking wet… 



We were also celebrating Moppy's 80th birthday!  (one day early… it is really the 5th).  These are two very special people….more so than words could describe!

In my chronological Bible reading plan this week, I was in Ecclesiastes… read in chapter 5 18-20: "This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink, and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them - for this is their lot. Moreover, when God gives someone possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy with their toil - this is a gift of God… (He) keeps them occupied with gladness of heart."  Man, I want to be like them. Talk about working hard for 80+ years (and still working hard)… and the ability to know gladness of heart…and enjoy every minute of it.   


Tonya and Leo had Moppy a cake made that looked just like a box from Tiffany's. Perfect!


Then we sang Happy Birthday to Moppy!!  (and she sang to herself too!)  Keep in mind this is the special lady who never had one birthday party in her whole life until she turned 70.  Isn't she beautiful?!

I want to shine like her when I'm eighty.



I love this picture of the kids on the pier (that's under water).  Silas is still practicing his casting.

And I'll end with this one. No caption needed.  Man I love this little bundle of giggles.  I dare you to be around her more than 30 seconds without giggling with her… bet you can't do it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment