I did it. I gave in and did it. I had taken a morning off from work to spend some fun time with the kids… and then this time I took them to Chuck-E-Cheese. It was my first trip, actually… and wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined. And the kids had more than double the fun than I had hoped! They've been before with Mimi, but this was their first trip with me. We arrived before the doors opened and were first in line… Avery and Silas knew right where they wanted to go!
Such fun! I will say that weekday early lunch is the perfect time to brave the mouse place.
Last weekend, we were excited to plan a lake weekend with the Shirkeys, our wonderful friends that live in Oxford. We headed out Friday afternoon (Mom was keeping Eleanor and Garnett as Grace and Micajah were in CA for a convention) and readied the lake house. Well, it's really an island house I suppose… all roads are underwater… it's only accessible by boat! But, hey, it makes things extra fun.
This picture cracks me up. Garnini knows who is boss. She was our lookout girl during our short ferry out to the house.
Fun friends!!!
A picnic for supper, perfect!
Saturday morning meant rain showers and lots of clouds. But it didn't stop us from getting out on the water. Big Bubba makes the perfect shelter when the sprinkles come in:-)
Roomie. Man, it seems like yesterday we were getting our Martin dorm room ready… or our apartment… or our room in the Chi-O house… or her helping me move to Kentucky… the list goes on and on. Love Amy Hardin!
This is how Avery likes to tube.
Avery: "I just can't look, I just can't. Is it raining??"
Lake tired=> Disney tired. and booster seats = neck pain. Sometimes you're that tired.
Another great summer weekend with wonderful friends. Check out this framer! Our couch keeps growing! Next time, we'll have one more!
And had to add in this pic of Silas and Avery after the Let Freedom Ring Celebration at church… the block party was such fun.















No comments:
Post a Comment