Avery's dance recital… was the day after Bruce and I returned from San Francisco. She awoke that morning talking about it and couldn't wait to get home from church and get ready for it!
Somebody was a little excited about the hair rollers (poor girl has hair like her mom's that you can't pay to hold a curl…) and make up:
It was such fun to go backstage with these sweet friends and help them primp for THE show!
I headed back out to sit with Bruce, Silas, Mimi, GG and Eleanor in the auditorium to await the performance… after a few other groups' numbers, Avery's first group came out… and a performance it was! Well, most of it looked like this:
Sweet girl waving to her fans!
She was hilarious and waved to each of us individually… then performed one dance move or two…
She loves the stage, needless to say…
After the tap dance to Under the Sea, it was time for the costume change for group #2 and her ballet dance. The excitement had not waned… at all.
They made sure to stay warmed up, practicing all sorts of dance moves…
(I think this is my favorite picture of all)

But then, I saw this one… sweet brother in support of sister's performance…
(this one might be my favorite now…)
Afterwards, everyone was all smiles for pictures. First dance recital: success!








No comments:
Post a Comment