The day after Christmas, we enjoyed a relaxed morning around the breakfast table at Mop and Pop's… I always love the few hours we all sit and drink coffee in our pajamas and talk - like the Arnold family has done for years. We finally peel ourselves away for showers and get dressed for the day… and somebody gets "pretty":
Talk about primping!! Avery: "okay, I'm pretty now. Let's go!"
Meanwhile, Silas and Pop build a box at his new tool bench. My oh my what are we going to do with all these new toys?! They LOVE their vanity and work bench… and amazingly, each knew exactly what to do/how to play with it after we assembled it (which is always easier said than done:-)...
Of course, bubbles on the patio were in order… who cares if it was 30 degrees!
For a little adventure, we piled into the car and drove about 20 minutes outside of Jackson to the Tennessee Safari Park (HERE)… WELL worth it! Neatest day trip we've had in a long while!! The drive-thru safari was amazing… and a little frightening at times! These animals are FRIENDLY. They know that cars have food and aren't timid about waltzing right up and demanding some by staring and pecking on the window. Too funny!
Mr. Ostrich has his head through the sunroof of the car in front of us!
Brave Silas feeding the "big birds"!! And yes, these "big birds" are standing on the ground looking eye to eye with us in my big SUV!
Double Trouble.
Obviously.
Methuselah. Obviously king of the forest……um, pasture.
This place was so cool. They had buffalo/bison, elk, llamas, ostriches, camels, kangaroos, deer, giraffe, red river hogs, bearded pigs, spider monkeys, goats, hyena, and lots of animals I cannot pronounce. A listing is HERE.
Anyway, I loved it… so did these two!
I've got two monkeys too!
Don't spit!
What a fun day.












No comments:
Post a Comment