Every year as we were growing up in Grenada, my mom planned a cookies with Santa party at our house. Our friends would come over for snacks and Santa would arrive at the front door… He would read us a story, talk about his toy factory and reindeer and we would all take turns sitting in his lap to tell him exactly what we wanted that year. I vividly remember this and the deep thought put into what I was going to tell him (after I said that I'd been really good that year!).
Bruce and I have talked about doing this at our house… and one day Grace was talking about it too… she suggested the Cabot Lodge as a venue. Perfect! We were so excited about carrying on this tradition of our childhood… (thanks, Mom!)
So we invited all our friends, made cookies, and awaited the special guest…
The kids didn't know what to think, but were super excited! Keep in mind, at least for the Warfletts (as penned by our friend Cille:-), the right jolly old elf has not been so merry in past years. I could tell Silas was mustering up the courage to come face to face with his toy-maker. After all, Fred (our Elf on a Shelf) as been reporting back to Santa every night on their behavior;)
Lo and behold, the doors open and we hear jingle bells with every step of Santa's big boots. The kids all beamed as he made his way with a loud, "Ho, Ho, Ho" to his bench in front of the tree. Not less than expected, Miss Avery was first in line:
And Silas can't let her "out-do" him in anything … so he took a deep breath and stepped closer…
And was so proud!!
Friends for life.
This picture sums up the morning. About 50 kids got a chance to explain exactly what they wanted this year… So much fun!!
We can't wait 'til next year's party!! And thank you, Cabot Lodge North for graciously allowing us to party in your lobby!! Click here to "Like" them on Facebook!
And one last pick… sneaky fingers!!









No comments:
Post a Comment