Saturday, June 2, 2012

Catching up on pictures

With a few free moments (Saturday afternoon 3 hour nap...ahem, I said 3 hour nap! I did check to make sure they were okay) I am trying to upload the most recent pictures of Silas and Avery.  

What?  You don't scream at the top of your lungs then laugh hysterically in the bathtub?  You should try it.  Releases endorphins. For some, anyway.
 Avery loves her new backpack.  (and cheetos... which she is snacking on at 8am before Mother's Day Out)
Such a big girl!

 Avery's new thing is to raise her arms and spin around to show her clothes or shoes off...

Silas thinks she is funny.


Feeding Baby. Or intubating Baby.  You decide.  Maybe we have a future doctor on our hands!

With the hot weather creeping in we decided that poor Millie would feel much better without her fur (and my vacuum cleaner would appreciate it).  Since Silas and Avery were born, she has spent most of her time outdoors... but of course still loves to come inside for a few minutes every once in a while.  Silas especially L.O.V.E.S Millie.  He grabs her face and just smiles and slaps pets her until she collapses on the floor in submission... followed by Silas diving face first hugging her tightly.  Precious.

Petsmart charges the same for a full Furminating procedure and a shave.  We went with the shave.  Complimentary pigtais included.  Oh. my.

The new de-bulk-ified Millie was more than a little ashamed... but after 3 or 4 days, I think she likes her new "do"!  Now I've got to learn how to use the clipper set I bought several years ago... 


 Haircuts all around!!  As much as it pained me, we HAD to have Silas' curls trimmed.  He looks like he is 5 years old now... sniff, sniff.




We were at Bruce's closing celebration for Upward Soccer at our Madison campus and both Silas and Avery took to this cute miniature schnauzer...  looked just like the Gore's family pet, Bogie.  Bogie, you are missed! 


A few weeks ago, our friend Jack Bost turned two!  We had so much fun at his party - jumped on his space jump till our little legs gave out... splashed water from his water table all over us and everyone else around... and each ate a piece of birthday cake (and some of others' too!).  Birthday parties aren't a success till all the toddlers' clothes come off, right?! 


"No bath needed tonight, Mommy.  Look, I've got bubbles right here!"
And before we continue our lengthy update in the next post, I'll wrap up with the Madison County Chamber's Dragon Boat Regatta.  MS Sports Medicine had two boats and raced really well - placing 3rd overall out of 47 boats.  (For those who are wondering what a Dragon Boat is:  basically really big canoe with two rows of 10 paddlers, a steerer in the back and a drummer in the front beating out the rhythm of each stroke).  It was super fun!  

Team Castaways


Somebody else enjoyed the beautiful day!  (What you can't hear is Avery squealing "cheeeeeeeezzzzeeeee"!


To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment