Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fountains and Family

While the Warfs were here helping Bruce with Silas and Avery and I was in St Louis with the youth choir tour, the fountains at Renaissance were apparently a HIT!  Deducted from the pictures I saw when I got home, Silas and Avery either ran straight through the spouts with their clothes on (to ask forgiveness (and permission) afterwards) or their Daddy thought It'd be fun to play in the water fully clothed.  Too funny.  At least it was only 100 degrees outside. 
I'm so glad Daddy took pictures!!  









Water break...

The second crop of pictures on the camera was very similar, only Silas and Avery were wearing swimming suits. Must have been the next day.  We'll have to go back to play in the fountains again soon! 

The Warfs were so kind to fly down and spend the week with Silas and Avery (and Bruce!).  Everybody was happy (and tired) when I got home.  Silas and Avery loved playing with granny and grandpa... endlessly!  



Avery is going through a 'feeding baby' phase and wants to feed everyone/animals/her brother...  She puts all her baby dolls in the high chairs and tries to feed them with her fork or a cup.  Sweet Eleanor was over at our house last night and it's a good thing she was ready for her bottle 'cause Avery shoved it into her mouth and held it there until she finished every bit of it.  

Well, I looked over last Saturday morning and saw both Elmos in the high chairs... with leftover blueberry waffles in the mouths!  I never dreamed I'd have to hold Elmo over the sink and "burp" him to get the food out of the mouth.  Bahaha.  



Another Silas and Avery fetish:  the broom.

Man, I wish they liked the dustpan too... we'll have to work on that.  Such big helpers!  (I'll save this picture to show them when they're 15 and wouldn't be caught dead helping clean...)


Avery also has started saying 'chhhheeeeeeeesssseeeee" when you take her picture.  Literally, cheesin'.


There's no denying whose child she is.

Update on Little Buddy:  We took Silas to the allergist a few weeks ago when he had a major outbreak of eczema (most likely from the sudden HOT weather we've been having).  We've been suspicious about peanut butter for several months and the spring allergens this year have simply kicked his little sweet tail.  Here we are in the waiting room... 


So... now we are taking a mini dose of Zyrtec every night and using a little stronger steroid cream on his body for the 'bad spots' and another cream for his face.  We're also coating him all over in Cetaphil right after his bath.  After about one week, his skin has never looked better!  He is like a different child - and isn't scratching his skin all day!  The doctor said he will most likely grow out of the eczema and hopefully the peanut sensitivity as well.  

These precious little people are growing up too quickly.  Seriously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment