Saturday, December 10, 2011

You better watch out, you better not cry...

Yesterday, Grace, Eleanor, Bruce, Silas, Avery, and I bundled up and set out to meet Santa Claus.  Silas and Avery had a ball running around in the Bass Pro Shop, stopping at the animals and aquariums... and talking to other people: 

"Hi there. I'm doing great today, thanks. How are you?"
 Avery walked like such a big girl holding my hand all the way to the back of the store where Santa had set up shop.
Both Silas and Avery were excited as the elves greeted them by their names (monogrammed outfits are a plus! ha).  They approached the jolly ole man with caution, hesitating to take the little candy cane he offered them... but were intrigued enough not to run off in a different direction.


UNTIL.....Mommy and Daddy stepped away.   



Operation Meet Santa, Take 1:  FAIL. 
(FYI, this Santa was every bit as stoic as he appears. I almost tried to pull his beard just to make sure he was real myself.)

 Precious Eleanor, on the other hand, couldn't wait to meet Santa. She was not shaken by the twins' traumatic introduction.  Sweet Elle sat in Santa's lap very contentedly and posed for the picture.

Silas and Avery quickly diverted their attention to the gazillion toys within toddler reach: remote control cars, My Little Ponies, stuffed ducks, gators and fish (this was Bass Pro). Then we made our way over to the big boy toys.  

"See Papaw, I can handle the popscooter. Wait, now do I make it 'go' again?"



"oo, oo, oo... pullleeeaassee, Santa!!"  

"But I'll be really good... I promise."  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are priceless, Meredith...Love your pix and blog...LY all..

    ReplyDelete