Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping up 2011

What a year. In many ways, I'm glad it's over... in others, I think I'll continue learning from its events for many years to come.  In it we've seen some of the happiest days of our lives and some of the most trying days as well.

Interferon update:  Nine down, 11 to go.  After the first week, I didn't really feel that bad, but undoubtedly my body didn't like it as my blood counts/enzymes were too out of whack to start the 2nd week on time. After a day of being bummed and feeling a little defeated, it really worked out well since I felt great for Christmas!  We started week 2 December 27th at 20% lower dose.

I went back to work the week before Christmas for 4 hours a day which has been good... a little taste of normalcy returning to life:-)  I go every day for the IV infusion about 3pm and it takes about 2 hours. After driving home and hugging my babies, we eat supper and then Mommy crashes. I'm in bed 5 minutes after Silas and Avery are in bed!  The side effects aren't as bad as some said they'd be - it basically feels like I have the flu - body aches, headache, fatigue... just feeling plain puny. BUT nothing we can't handle.  Whatever it takes to make sure we do everything we can to keep this melanoma from popping up again!

We're believing God for total healing... and are trying to trust in His greater plan. Looking forward to a new year of new blessings, new adventures, new challenges, and fun times!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your blog and being able to hear about your busy, wonderful holidays! Love the pictures. Praying for you, Sweet Girl. Love you all...Happy and healthy 2012..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you felt good for Christmas. Blessings and healing to you and your precious family in 2012. Karl

    ReplyDelete