Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Intermediate Update

Below is an email Bruce sent out yesterday. 

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Meredith and our family.  We will continue to need those more than ever as her report came back today with evidence of melanoma in 2 of the 4 lymph nodes that were removed during surgery.  This means she will now most likely have to have surgery to remove the remaining lymph nodes in her leg next Friday, October 21.  She will be in the hospital for 3-4 days after surgery at MD Anderson then will be home for what looks to be interferon injections for 1 year.  We return to MD Anderson this Thursday for CTs and MRIs to ensure the cancer has not spread to other areas of the body and meet with Dr. Ross to discuss the surgery and the treatment options afterward.  We are grateful for all of you and covet your prayers during this time.  I will list a few things that you all can pray for.

-Pray that Christ and the Gospel would be proclaimed and exemplified through this process
-Pray for rest for Meredith and that she can sleep
-Pray that no evidence of cancer spreading will be found
-Pray that all cancer cells are gone and no other cells are found in the remaining lymph nodes
-Pray for those treating Meredith
-Pray for her recovery from surgery
-Pray for limited side effects from her treatments
-Pray for opportunities not be missed with our children and family
-Pray for Silas and Avery as we are away from them

Thank you all so much for praying for Meredith.  We thank God for each of you and consider you our family.

I will update when we know the 'plan'. 

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the specific prayer list. Praying everything that you asked! Much Love, Lanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Meredith, for you and the kids, and for the entire family..Praying for you all to feel God's loving arms around you..Love the Gores and Warfs...Aunt Mar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I posted a little while ago but for some reason it didn't "take". It may show up later,who knows. I echo everything said above and hope you all know that I will be praying for each of you. Thanks for taking the time to list specific requests. God bless you all.
    love,
    Betty B. (and Ward also)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meredith, it has been a long time since our PwC days but I have enjoyed reading all about your twins on your blog. I was of course shocked by the latest news but I couldn't think of anyone with a better support system to handle these circumstances. You are heavy in my thoughts and prayers right now. I know your blog can be a great resource for others in your situation so I am proud of you for keeping it up. If you can handle twins I know you can handle this!

    ReplyDelete