We left early (7am!) on Thanksgiving Day to surprise Mop and Pop and the family in Jackson, TN. We arrived about 11:30am and popped into the back door saying "surprise!" What fun!!
And, of course, an Arnold holiday isn't complete without karaoke and the disco ball! Actually, I told the kids before we left to pick out one toy to bring with us, and Silas quickly replied, "but Mommy, Moppy has a microphone!".
We had more than fun with cousins! Moppy introduced Silas and Avery to "Christmas Milk". Oh my. For those who haven't been exposed to this treat, it is boiled custard.. basically egg nog without the nutmeg (or alcohol, of course). Silas and Avery both loved Christmas milk and enjoyed the entire half gallon in two and a half days…
I love this picture!! Sweet, precious times.
Silas actually had so much Christmas milk that on the way home in the car, I looked over and he had his pants unbuttoned… they were a little snug…. good thing it's only Christmas milk! (wink!)
We were able to enjoy a super fun (WILD!) play time with my second cousins and their precious kids!
Much like Poppy's old pop scooter and tractor rides Grace and I looked forward to at their farm… Silas and Avery went on many an adventure on the golf cart.
And, something I haven't experienced: Poppy's instructional class on making paper airplanes. Seriously, the best paper airplanes you've ever seen. They really FLY!
Mimi rode back with us since Papaw left a day early to go hunting… so I sat between Silas and Avery on the way home. Wow, what a fun two weeks! We stopped in Grenada to drop off Mimi and watch the Egg Bowl!! The perfect way to top off the week… Hotty Toddy!
Now, time to sleep.








No comments:
Post a Comment