Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving. and Thankful, Part 1.

Finally received the final path report - no malignant cells identified!  Praise God for continued health.  After the CTs last Monday, everything looked great except one lymph node that was a little larger in my May 2012 CTs had now grown in the November CTs.  Dr. K said the only way to know why was to have a few more tests run. So Tuesday morning, I had an ultrasound then fine needle biopsy (the only way to know if a node is 'reactive' (i.e. fighting infection, inflammation) or malignant is to stick a needle in it and look at cells under the microscope).  Praise God all is fine.  We return in late January/early February for more CTs.  Much, much, much to be thankful for.

Interferon update. Nine more injections. Yes, three weeks!  Friday, Dec 21 will be my last one:-)  Doctors have told me I will feel GREAT about 3 or 4 weeks after we stop the drug. Watch out, I'll be running around like I'm crazy!  Merry Christmas to me.  (oh, and to my refrigerator.  those boxes of chemo take up the entire bottom shelf.  Shoot, I guess now I need to start cooking.)


1 comment:

  1. Meredith and Bruce,

    I kept up with you during this anxious time...Lots of texting with your mom, emailing prayer warriors, and lots of praying here!...So grateful all is well...I know your last shot will be a wonderful Christmas present..

    I have already started praying for scans early in 2013...

    Merry Christmas to you all..Hope to see you during the holidays!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete