Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

After a fun, exciting morning with the presents from Santa... we packed up and headed north.  We were able to get on the road by 11:15am (I think) so we made it to Mop and Pop's house by 3:45 that afternoon.  As much as I thought these two would konk out in the car, the energy carried over to the trip there... only now we were all locked in seatbelts... thank goodness Mimi and Papaw gave us the portable DVD players for the car! (I was one of those moms that said we don't need the DVD players... but now I believe they are golden.)  We sang, read books, drew pictures, had a few fights, a few tears, all while watching Shrek.  Until Memphis.  

(scene:  Donkey singing "I'm a Believer" on the screen. )

Boy did we ever have a fun afternoon.  As usual, the Arnold house decibel level was not audiologist approved, and the way we approach this:  just talk louder. A merry time was had by all.  Silas and Avery barrelled through the door and did not miss the big tricycles meant just for them!  (Although the "S" on the seat could have easily been a monogram for Silas... right, Grace;) Cutest Schwinn bikes I've ever seen!  Silas and Avery absolutely loved them. In fact, Silas wouldn't even dismount to open his other gifts. 







Then Miss Avery said Mommy needed a turn...




Cousin Kaelyn even let Avery play on her scooter!

Fierce. 

Avery and Silas also received some sleeping bags - Minnie Mouse for Avery and Football for Silas.  They were a hit!

 "I love my new sleeping bag!  Look, time for a nap."

"Um... just KIDDING!  Silly people, you know Miss Avery does not nap!"

Two of a kind.   See previous post for Rocky bandage story.



Sweet moments.  We might have two sleepers here. 



There's nothing better than playing with Poppy!

My little snow angel.  Oh, and did I mention that it SNOWED Christmas day and the 26th!

My little paper boy.  He plays the part well.

Avery loves her ponytail like her mom.  Cutie patootie.






















No comments:

Post a Comment