Sunday, September 18, 2011

Caught in the Act...

Well, well... after three different types of cabinet locks and finally resorting to industrial strength adhesive (20lb limit), we finally think we have protected our cabinet 'non-perishables' from the little Houdinis. You should see me prying the drawers open to get a bowl or skillet when I'm cooking dinner; it sometimes requires a stabilizing foot on the cabinet base and a Sharipova grunt with the tug.  I finally was quick enough with my camera phone to show you exactly how it is done. (Note: the following is not suitable for your children under 3, unless you want to pry 20lb adhesive off every time you need the contents of a cabinet.)


We must work on the "re-applying" of the lock;) 

With the arrival of the incredibly beautiful 'cool' front we've had, afternoon strolls have been plentiful. Silas and Avery love the stroller. In fact, Friday afternoon Grace and Eleanor joined us. Grace and I were deep in conversation and noticed Avery giggling away. Lo and behold.....



Eww.  I guess that's better than eating a frog. 

On afternoons when we don't have time for a stroll, they both enjoy a roll around the block in the wagon! They get a kick out of looking at each other and ham it up for the neighbors.

Yes, Avery commands the attention most of the time, but don't let sweet Silas fool you. Grab the mustard, ladies and gentlemen, we have a little ham on our hands!  
As seen in the video above, he certainly notices when others laugh and never fails to keep a straight face and continue the comedy act. In fact, I looked up the other day after giving him a carrot and he was lounging in his high chair with the carrot hanging out of his mouth like a little cigar. ha!  THEN, when he noticed I was laughing, I looked up again and he had it sideways between his teeth, just staring at me.  I've GOT to get better at having my camera ready!!  
Here are a few more pics of the little man.
Ready for my pop-scooter ride, Papaw!!
(I know this is a pink and purple ride... graciously given to us by sweet neighbors (and their daughter) who moved to another state. Anyone have experience painting a PowerWheels gender neutral colors??)

Ready for church!!
(and helping sort through the laundry piles for later today)

1 comment:

  1. Just so precious!..Love the pix and videos..Silas and Avery are adorable, and I know they are bringing you and Bruce such joy..Praying for you, Meredith, and so is my internet prayer group, as well as our church groups at FUMC..Love you all..

    ReplyDelete