Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th!

Silas and Avery (and dad and mom) had a great 4th of July weekend in Grenada at Papaw and Mimi's house! This was the first time they've been to Grenada and been mobile. They had a blast exploring and hearing "no" from me! Usually the reaction is to stop what they're doing, look at me and give a big sweet (but mischevious) grin, then go right ahead at their original intention. These days, we never know where they'll be when we look away for one second:


Papaw barbequed delicious ribs and we enjoyed all the trimmings with Mop, Pop, and GayGay who drove down Sunday afternoon. Even Mr. Terry and Aunt Mar came over for a little while. Yay!

Pop:  "And Silas, there was once this little boy..."



Silas:  "Silly Poppy, that's not what the book says..."





Avery telling Silas how to play in the fountain...

Still talking to him...


Avery:  "You're not playing hard enough unless you're soaking wet...."

Silas:  "Ok, I think I got it. How does this look?"

Latest happenings at the Warf household consist of both Avery and Silas finding their 4th and 5th gears... especially Avery. She is lightening fast crawling anywhere she wants to go and will be walking soon - she has no fear. She'll let go of whatever she's pulled up on for a few seconds before sitting (or falling) down and trying again. Oh boy, she'll be independent soon. Silas won't be far behind. While he may be a little, ok, well a lot more cautious than she, when he figures out how to move, he takes off like a pro.

This is such a fun age. I know I'll be saying that for many years to come, but they do something new every day... and we can't blink or else we'll miss it!
Happy boy!

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you all over the holiday. Grace is so precious pregnant..So good to see Micajah and Bruce-it's been a while since I have seen the Warfs and Sturdivants..Always great to see Mop, Pop, and Gay..I cannot get over how mobile the kids have gotten! Thanks so much for taking time to share your lives with us through your blog, especially letting us hear and see the 'doings' of those precious babies...Love you all

    ReplyDelete