I'm catching up on some posts here... finally! June 28 was my 29th birthday (the last birthday I'll have, right?)... and I must say my first birthday with Silas and Avery was better than any other! Mimi and Aunt GG graciously kept Silas and Avery while Bruce and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Parlor Market. Grace made a delicious cake and I had two cutie pies to help me blow out ALL those candles. After all, they need practice... they'll be turning ONE in a short month!
![]() |
| Not so sure about the candles... |
Mid-July, Bruce's parents came to visit for a few days! We were excited to see them and had such a fun time all weekend. Silas and Avery showed them the ropes in the house and all around town. (I'll post more pictures as I get them. Aaahhheemmm, Bruce)
| my two boys! |
| Some little people look just like their daddy! |
Sunday afternoon photo shoot: Good grief, pictures are getting more difficult with the little hams we have on our hands!
Okay, the next series of pictures needs no explanation. Their personalities are self-explanatory. (and yes, I know Silas has on no pants. This particular day he not only decided he hates to have his diaper changed, but also prefers to wear no shorts. Oh well.) (and yes, they're in each other's chair. This seems to be the theme nowadays: they only want what the other has, i.e. sippy cup, pacifier, toys, snack, chair) Notice one with four poses and one who doesn't move a muscle, except for hand to mouth, that is.
We cannot believe that Silas and Avery will be turning ONE YEAR OLD in a few short weeks. They'll be 11 months next week and each one does something new every day. Avery is standing alone a pretty good bit - in fact, as I handed her the bottle early this morning, she proceeded to let go of the ottoman and turn up the bottle with both hands...while standing up! Elizabeth (the nanny) told me she took one step Tuesday. I told Avery she couldn't do that again until I was watching! It won't be long.
Silas is hanging right in there... but I think he'll be learning to walk by watching his sister. We'll see!
It is fascinating to watch these two people who are so different figure out this little thing called life. What an incredible Creator we have.
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord....a reward. Psalm 127:3
Oh yes, how true. How blessed we are.


Happy Birthday,Meredith!
ReplyDeleteI know it was a special one for you since you have expanded your family. What cutey pies you have!
love,
Betty B.