When I asked someone with 17 year-old twins for "advice" last August... he said, "plan a vacation when they're 8 months old"... he was right. Oh, how hard it was to leave them for 5 nights... but Bruce and I had an absolutely wonderful vacation to Park City, Utah! My sweet Mom, Mop, and GayGay kept them for a few days, then Mom had them until we got back last Tuesday. Silas and Avery had the biggest time!
![]() |
| Thank you Moppy and GayGay:-) and Mimi!! |
![]() |
| What a fun crew! 13 wonderful friends! |
Silas and Avery have quickly outgrown the "infant" bathtub... I found Ducky at Wal-Mart and they LOVE baths sitting up! They are hilarious.
We started sippy cups last week... they loved the new "toy"... still trying to figure out how to drink the juice though. hmmmm.... will they both be lefties?
Every night, they eat supper about 6. And oh, how they love to eat. I've figured out it is easier to feed them first... then they are content in the high chairs while I finish our dinner. Bruce and I can eat right there at the counter while they keep themselves company. They don't quite talk like the YouTube twins on Good Morning America yet... but I bet those days will be here sooner rather than later!!!
We MUST begin baby-proofing the house soon. Silas and Avery both are in a race to see who'll start crawling first. Avery sees something she wants, tries so hard to get there... scoots backwards... gets mad and frustrated that she's moving away from her "target"! ha. Keep trying girl. Silas spins around on his tummy like a merry-go-round... and just grabs whatever he can to drag himself a few inches. I wonder how much longer we'll be able to snap both of them in one candid shot?!
What do you get when you leave these cutie pies with Mimi, Moppy, and GayGay??? Blues Brothers.
![]() |
| 7 months!!! |




What wonderful pictures and comments about your babies, family, and trip to the mountains..So glad y'all were able to get away and have a great time..Can't wait to see you all next time you are here...Silas and Avery are growing so quickly...What precious babies y'all have..LY
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for taking the time out of your hectic life to keep us all abreast of the goings on with these precious children and my, what a tribute to your daddy - bet it brought a tear!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE all the new pictures! I am also so glad you and Bruce got away....I think the preparing to leave the babies is harder than actually leaving them :) It looks like Silas has become such a little ham...he must be trying to show Avery that he too can open in mouth in a great big grin for pictures just like she can, only he can open his mouth bigger :) We have got to get together soon and let all these babies play!
ReplyDelete