Early February 2010: Of course, we were so excited to be expecting... and went to the first doctor visit. We had an ultrasound to confirm everything and I'll never forget the conversation in that room:
Tech: "Ok, everything looks great! Here's the first heartbeat..."
Meredith: "first?"
Bruce: "what??!! you mean there's more?"
Tech: "Yes, you know there's two, right??"
Meredith: staring at the screen and can't say anything
Bruce: "Um.... I think I need to sit down."
Then we sat in awe and heard the two precious heartbeats (exactly 174 for both!) of our 7-week old twins! THEN, we got back into the car and laughed... and cried... and thanked God for the awesome privilege, blessing, responsibility of experiencing such miracles!
Of course, we wanted to tell our parents and just knew my Mom's response MUST be captured on video! The surprise worked quite well, actually, since her 5-year "birthday" since her surgery was February 4th! We were already meeting for dinner at the Parker House for a double celebration - Bruce's promotion at work and Mom's 5-year birthday!! Check it out:
Oh what fun times are ahead!!


No comments:
Post a Comment