So, after threatening their early arrival for the last 4 weeks... Little Boy Warf and Little Girl Warf are showing a little stage fright! (or just being stubborn) We went for our mid-35-week checkup yesterday and my doctor said she was "shocked..." that NOTHING had changed from last week! ha. Who knows. We may not meet these babies until next week anyway! I, personally, would not be upset if it were tomorrow... but I know they're in the best place for them right now.
Little Boy Warf is an estimated 5lb8oz and Little Girl Warf is an estimated 5lb7oz - yay! And mom is ... ok, not telling. ha!! They looked great on the ultrasound...crammed in there. I know how i feel... can't imagine how packed they feel:-) We can't see Baby A's (boy) face since he's looking straight at my backbone... Baby B (girl) has always loved the camera more (taking after Aunt Grace and Moppy:-). Her little face is getting chubbier and is squeezed so tightly between the boy's stomach and her placenta that it looks like she's saying the Chubby Bunny thing smushing her cheeks in! ha!
Now Millie and I are just passing time at home:-) I wish I had videos of my mom and sister texting each other and me... so excited! Of course, we all are. It's so sweet to see Mom so excited - she literally lived for these times 6 years ago - to see grandchildren. I am humbled and so grateful... and undeservingly BLESSED to see this. I have always prayed my children would know her. Praise HIM! To see where He has taken us over the last 6 years is... well, I just have to sit back and take it in...there are no words. Our only response can be to truly give HIM all the praise and live to make Him known...
I was watching one of those "having babies" shows (I know, I know... I tried to stop) on TV and couldn't help but cringing when the new mother - experiencer of a miracle - said, "It's just so amazing...that we can do this.. that we can create life... women are truly amazing". Of course the last phrase is true... (hee, hee, just kidding) but I thought about that for a minute - SO MANY people in this world think that...feeling of their accomplishment... at the first instant of seeing their baby for the first time. What a shame. We, women, do NOTHING during these 9 months to cause that little heart to start beating at 4 WEEKS. Yes, a three and a half to four week old hearts beat in utero. We do nothing to spur the little one to grow arms and legs, blink their eyes, suck their thumbs. We can certainly harm them by what we do, eat, choose to experience ... but sure can't help them develop at all. We can just provide the best environment possible for a miracle to take place. Such a humbling experience.
I pray these children will come to know and truly treasure their Creator...the only Giver of life and breath. The One who writes all the days in our books before we are even one day old. The One who entrusts us mere sinners with perfect miracles of newborn babies and allows us to "train them up" hopefully "in the way they should go". What an investment... and such a tall order.
Ok kids, let's get this show on the road. People are waiting to meet you!! (and Mom's having trouble breathing cause you're taking up all the space:-)
LOVE IT! So excited for ALL of you and praying for ALL of you!
ReplyDeletelove, Terra
Your blog just made me cry. God is so very good. Your precious momma will be such a blessing to those babies. I wouldn't trade anything in this world for the time, the influence, and the witness that my momma was to my children. Her legagy of a life lived for Christ still lives on through them everyday. I am so grateful that your little ones will know that same kind of grandmother.
ReplyDeleteNow, I hope those babies of yours decide to hurry and be born before your mother (and many friends) burst with pure excitement. I am keeping you, Bruce, and babies at the top of my prayer list.
Love,
Pam Moore
So excited for you all...Love your blog and can't wait for you to post pix of Warf babies here real soon..Love you
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet and heartfelt post Meredith! Of course, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out over it...excuse me if some of the spelling is off...having a little trouble seeing at the moment :)
ReplyDeleteI am thankful you are doing so well and that the babies are just growing happily in their mama's tummy! It won't be long before you and the family will get to meet these two special miracles!
(Is your mom pacing yet?! What am I saying? She's probably getting less sleep than you at this point! ha ha! Love you Mrs. Darlene!)
Hey Meredith! Glad Sally put a link to your blog because I can't wait to see pics of the twins! Our baby boy will be here within two weeks, so I'm right there with you! Crazy that it's time!!! I hope everything goes perfectly with your delivery!
ReplyDeleteMeredith,
ReplyDeleteHang in there, girl! I loved reading your blog, and it's obvious you truly understand the miracle of life :) I will be praying for you, Bruce, and the babies, and hope to see you all soon!
Hi,Meredith,
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled across your blog and am so excited you have started one. Of course for the next little while you may have to have help with it,or maybe not since you are such a "together" person.Davis has one,and it is a great way for everyone (especially this Bebe)to keep up with our boys. I also was so glad to finally see the video where y'all told your parents,and of course it made me cry and laugh all at the same time! You are all in my prayers as you wait this next little while,and I cannot wait to meet Baby Boy and Baby Girl in person.
Take care and much love,
Betty B.
Thanks, y'all! We're excited:-) only a few more days!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Betty, what's Davis' blog? I'd love to see their precious kids too!
Meredith, this was BEAUTIFUL post!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be a fabulous, Godly mother... I just know it! I can't wait to see their first pictures and find out their names. I'm sure you're so excited that you can hanrdly stand the wait!
God bless-
Carmen
P.S. Thanks for including me on your blogroll! ; )
Hey,Meredith,
ReplyDeleteDavis's blog is brister38.blogspot.com~~ I know y'all are getting anxious and excited to meet those babies.We are all excited for you and Bruce. You will be awesome Christian parents,and these two miracles are mighty blessed to have you.
love,
me
Meredith,
ReplyDeleteI just read this post and I'm crying of course. but such happy tears. I don't really know or understand why our family is so very blessed. Your Mom's healing is just such a miracle. To be able to see you bring these little angels into the world and for your mama to be here to hold them and rejoice with you is truly a miracle.