Monday, November 16, 2015

Silas has a turn... holidays approaching!

Silas' class filled their "fuzzy wuzzy bucket" at school and celebrated with Pajama Day last Friday. We celebrated after school with ice cream!
This was Silas' weekend with Mimi and Papaw, so we left Avery with Daddy and I headed up to Grenada with the boys. Look what happens when sister isn't in the car to talk (keep them entertained)...

Papaw's boys. It's like Samuel just knows what to do with these toys. 

Mimi asked a friend over who was also 5 years old, and I had a blast playing with these boys.

Silas in heaven... putting together a toy with Papaw... fixing things with Papaw... going to the hunting camp with Papaw...
Samuel and I headed home Friday night and Silas spent all day Saturday at the camp with Mimi and Papaw - what a fun day!  He told me all about it... and about shooting the gun with Papaw... and about wanting one...
Meanwhile, back in Jackson, Avery came to Mommy to work Saturday morning... and the tech staff was quite cooperative...

And, then after Samuel went to sleep, our babysitter came over and Bruce and I went to have a late dinner... long overdue and quite delicious. But we had to pry our eyes open... haven't been to dinner at 9pm in years!


November means preschool choir sings in church... there's not much better than 5 year olds singing, "Wherever I go, God goes..."

This week, Samuel had a doctor appointment early afternoon, so I took off work. When we got home, he napped and I took Silas and Avery to see the Peanuts movie... this is how we weathered the storm threatening tornados:  Peanuts with popcorn.

"Tis the Season!  Look who flew in with the storms!!  This year, Santa sent a girl elf, Pippa.  Fred has been wonderful the last few years, but Santa said Fred was busy in the toy factory this year... (and the Warfs needed one more girl in the house)
Thanksgiving is next week... where does the time go?!  We are savoring every moment this fall as Samuel melds into our family and sometimes crazy routines. I'm sure he thinks we are crazy... but rolls with whatever comes his way. 
"Thankful" doesn't even begin to describe our sentiments this season.  


No comments:

Post a Comment