- Avery was talking one day in the car (well, Avery does not stop talking in the car) about dusk and said, "Mommy, why is it coming dark time?". I replied that each day has a night time and a time to rest. That God created the light and the dark. We rest in the dark time. She emphatically said, "but Mommy, it's supposed to be morning time every day. I don't want the sun to do down. I don't want to rest or sleep…" And that is our Avery.
- Silas somehow accidentally dropped the iPad on his foot in the minuscule area of his toe right at the nail bed. Poor thing - I know that hurt more than words can explain… we sat and put ice on it and he did say it felt better. After about 10 minutes, he wanted to take off the ice and "check on it"… so we did. He then saw the purple nail (the entire big toe nail…ouch!) and lost it again, "Mommy… what is that purple thing!!??" Bless his heart. Made me hurt. [He did wear shoes the next day and seemed fine.]
Silas and Avery (and dad and mom) are blessed with the absolutely best Sunday School teachers this year… Mr.Mike and Mrs. Mike (aka Mrs Pam). The kids can't wait to get to their class every week and absolutely love Sunday School. Here they are reading their Bible Verses one day that I snuck in for a second:
Sunday afternoon music sessions make my ironing and laundry much better…..
Another lunch date with these two. Wendy's was the choice today. I said, "y'all are hoots." Silas said, "we a hoot." Avery said, "Mommy you silly. I not a owl…" They keep me laughing.
The last weekend in January, Mom and I (and Avery) headed up to Hernando to share at Sally and her mom's church about the book. It did my heart such good to see my wonderful friend! It's been way too long!! Avery came with me and LOVED playing with Vera Kate and Reid while Silas stayed home with Bruce and did "boy things."
Brian (Sally's husband) was such a rock star and entertained these three… or corralled these three while we attended the event. AND they were bathed, happy, and putting on a Frozen show when we returned… wow!
Avery and I had to hurry home Saturday morning for Silas' first JFC soccer game!! He was more than excited. Such sweet little friends on his team make the games tons of fun.
Look at him go!
There's not much better than U4 soccer.
Aaaannnnnd, I think he is Bruce's twin. What do you think?










No comments:
Post a Comment