We are loving these spring-preview days of sunshine and warmer weather! We decided to create some original artwork for Silas and Avery's big bed room. Check out these Picassos!
They had a blast and did a great job painting their letters!
And oh, the tents. Or "hot castles" as Silas and Avery call it. I have no CLUE where they came up with it, but it sure is fun. Sometimes the hot castle is on the living room couch, sometimes it is on the keeping room couch… and sometimes it is the tent we build. Whatever it is, they are FIRED UP about it! Too funny.
I'm trying to remember/record everything I can - Silas and Avery are sooooo funny - typical three year olds - hilarious. We literally just sit and laugh at their lively imaginations and conversations.
For example: Avery is riding on Silas' back like a horse, but she calls him 'puppy'. "Okaaaay, let's go puppy". Silas replies, "Not yet Avery, you have to say the magic word." Avery quickly replies, "yes, ma'am." Close, Miss Avery.
Ten o'clock one night, I am lying in my bed listening to them laugh and carry on. The noise is actually escalating, and I holler into their room, "kids, it's time to go to sleep! be quiet!" Silas replies confidently, "Mom, we just jumping on the bed. Just a coupla minutes." Um….no.
Truths spoken from Silas and Avery:
We're riding in the car on the way to friends' house for supper. Somehow vegetables comes up in the conversation and Silas pipes in, "Mom (he now calls me mom…no clue how he got that), I don't want begebles." I told him, "Silas, you need to eat your vegetables so you will be big and strong." He says "No mom, I big enough." True little buddy, true.
Meanwhile, in the transition to their 'big bed' room, Silas wanted to get in his "little bed" instead. I told him he is too big for the little bed now. "Mom, I want to get littler". I know little buddy, big things are scary sometimes.
After two weeks of cold, dark, rainy weather, we awoke one Saturday to a beautiful sunrise. Avery came out of her room and jumped into my lap, "mommy, look! the sun waked up!" I said yes, look how pretty. Avery said, "Mommy, we say thank you Jesus." Exactly Avery, we do. Melts my heart!




No comments:
Post a Comment