Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 2013


Yes, Tempus Fugit.  Time Flies. Too quickly. I can't believe our two little munchkins will be 3 years old September 1st!  It sure seems like yesterday I was sitting in this very chair blogging about their impending arrival... and time seemed to pass so sllllooooowwwwlllyyyy, and while there's nothing we can do to speed it up, there's nothing we can do slow it down either!  Silas and Avery are so much fun... I wish we could freeze them and stay in this stage a little longer!  

(Oh, and a funny aside:  This was Silas' first time with a bow tie... and he looked sooooo cute in it - after the 5 minute battle convincing him the bow tie did NOT go in his hair.)

Here they are learning how to button and unbutton... and now it takes 30 minutes to get dressed:-)  They repeat incessantly, "my do it, no mommy, my do it"!

This one has one speed.  Full throttle.

One of our best friends, Jack, has the coolest, biggest, water slide I've ever seen!  Miss Dare Devil (a.k.a Avery) and Jack are having a blast...

...while Silas hangs next to me watching... he loves to slide, but couldn't bring himself to try the scary climbing wall (the only way to get onto this slide)

Then, after everyone ate dinner and was changing into dry clothes, Silas (careful that no one was watching) conquered the wall!!   Atta boy, little buddy!

One Tuesday, Henry, Kelly, and Aunt Debra were in town and all our schedules happened to allow a fun lunch at GG and Eleanor's house!  These 4 loved playing... and I think it was Kelly who pointed out:  she, Caleb, Grace and I had a picture made very similar to this one about 30 years ago!  So fun. 

More haircuts... here's my BIG boy sitting all by himself in the chair for a trim (this is the first time I haven't had to sit with him:-)...

With the longer days of summer, we love to take a walk after supper around the neighborhood (when it's not "too hot" (as Avery says)).  So, who's protecting whom in the picture below?  I'll let you decide.

We've also enjoyed having family movie nights upstairs!  Silas and Avery are just now getting to the point that they'll sit (for longer than 20 minutes at a time) to watch a movie.  Dumbo, Finding Nemo, Toy Story are the favorites as of now...  not to overshadow Dora and Diego of course, the sitcoms of choice. 

July also brings around another birthday for the guy in the middle of this picture... Happy Birthday Bruce!  As I said in a recent social media post, it's a good thing you're good looking... because our kids are your twins!  (pun intended)

And July 17-18 marked the quarterly trek to Houston for check ups.  Praise God, all was good news and we return in 3 months.  Next time, I'll be at the "2-year" mark:-)  We will continue every 3 months until next November, then I think it'll go to every 6 months until after 5 years.  We are so blessed with amazing family and friends who support us through prayer and encouragement each time we go - we couldn't thank everyone enough!  Every 3 months that passes makes me a little closer to that "5 year" mark... but I sure don't want to rush that... lest Silas and Avery be that much older... time flies.


No comments:

Post a Comment