I'll do my best to recount last night for those interested. It was a hilarious night at the Warf household... with two 25 month-olds and one 13 month-old (oh, and three tired adults who worked all day and had queasy stomachs from eating candy at work). Micajah was out of town with work so GG and Eleanor came up to hang with us! GG arrived and the two little ladies had to have a pre-costume fashion show. A sweet friend brought Avery and Eleanor one of these dresses from Spain... she loved spinning and jumping with the fringe flapping.
And Eleanor spun around in her cute tutu!
We all had a pizza from Fresh Market (out of guilt to eat substance over pure corn syrup, not out of hunger) and the time came for costumes to be donned. One had no problem trying on her "Jane" dress...
She figured out her character rather quickly. This is her demonstrating her banshee yell while climbing a tree...no, a chair.
Meanwhile, somebody had to be bribed with little chewy candy to comply with the dress-up game.
We tried to rehearse the Tarzan yell with fists on chests but it was more like a coupla screaming monkeys. Oh well. (and he still wouldn't let me take his pants off).
I handed Silas and Avery their bags before we left to trick-or-treat and Avery was ready to go. Silas looked at me with a look that said, "woman... don't you know we have a basket full of candy on the table? Why in the world are we leaving to get some?" I had no answer. Smart guy.
Ooh, I need to clean my front door glass. Again.
Little sticky hands... I love it.
After seeing all the other kids dressed up on our street, Tarzan and Jane got more "into" their characters... good thing it was warmer outside last night.
And I mustn't forget cute Eleanor... oops, I mean Pooh! Isn't she a doll?!
Her mom even let her have a Snickers!
Aw girl, I feel your pain.
As an aside... I saw a news report this morning where a guy about 30 years old spent his evening "re-distributing" the candy amongst the kids in the neighborhood... to make sure every one had equal amounts... no matter how hard or how long someone had to work to fill up their bucket. These kids totally picked up on things and were saying "that's ridiculous. I worked hard for mine and this person just got here." "that's wrong! not fair!". Hmm. If only adults would be so perceptive.
Vote wisely on Tuesday.








I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog. I look forward to reading about your lives and seeing wonderful pictures of your precious twins and Eleanor. The Halloween costumes were precious. I hope to see you all soon and look forward to seeing those babies who are growing up too fast!
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Aunt Mar
What fun! Thanks for allowing us a little peek into life in the Warf household. Silas and Avery are adorable. (Eleanor knows; I told her last Friday:)
ReplyDeleteLove y'all!!