Check-up appointments with my surgeon and oncologist in Houston went well - everything is right on track with my treatments and there is no evidence of any recurrence! It actually feels better to hear all 8 doctors who inspected every inch of me in Houston say everything is fine. I also had a PET scan here this week in Jackson (my first one, so I was really nervous)... which wasn't bad at all... easier than contrasted CTs no doubt... the PET was negative, praise God! No more scans until November 14th in Houston. So we continue praying and scanning and believing all is gone forever.
I'm still shooting myself up with interferon three times a week - hoping my puny blood counts hold on for another 4 or 5 months. On this chemo drug, the effects really start wearing down the body after several months (i.e. white blood cells, platelets, hemoglobin, hematocrit drop to more dangerous levels and liver enzymes begin to get a little too high). My oncologist in Jackson wants me to have my counts checked every 4 weeks to make sure we're okay. I'm going to be mad if we can't finish the full dosage! Ridiculous, I know... but that's the athlete in me. And maybe a little stubbornness too.
On the home front, Silas and Avery are great! I can't put into words how FUN these little people are to share a house with. I can't think about all the kids starting school this week without being a little sad that my babies are growing up too... thankfully for this momma they'll be home for a few more years ;) They each do new things every day to demonstrate their polar opposite personalities. Silas is obsessed with music - no, I know all kids love music - but this child is literally fixated with music... and cords. Phone chargers, headphones, you name it. Give him a cord and he'll sit for upward of 30 minutes. It's really comical.
Meanwhile, Avery is more of a live wire (pun intended) than ever before. This child would put the Energizer bunny to sleep. She truly is one of the happiest people I've ever met in my life...I pray she stays that way! The little ferret (as Papaw has coined her) smashed her thumb pretty badly this week and had her first x-ray (thankfully mom works at an orthopedic clinic with kind, patient doctors that don't laugh in paranoid mom's faces). She didn't break her thumb but she might lose a nail - and I'm sure it hurts like the dickens. She was NOT leaving her mom's side, so I violated Bunko rules and took her with me. All it took was 5 minutes of 'girl time' and she was miraculously healed and began rolling the dice and yelling "Bunko!" with both arms in the air. That girl.
I'll update with more pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment