The best part about this whole shebang is being home with two cuties all the time! The precious extra moments cuddling with Silas and Avery are like medicine to the soul. Silas is beginning to hold his own chasing Avery around... and is getting faster every day since he started walking the first of November! As a matter of fact, the two munchkins are only blurs on the camera lens these days...
Watch out here he comes...
Life with these two is hilarious. They are two little comedians... I must share one of the funnies: of course, with two toddlers (moving in separate directions), the 'bo-bos' are just waiting to happen. We had our first big goose egg on the forehead when Avery fell down some stairs at Watercolor a few months ago... and since then, I think she's had a new one for each old one that fades. Which is probably a reason why Silas waited a few months longer to start walking - he saw Avery busting her tail (or face) multiple times per hour and thought, "why in the world would I subject myself to that!" But I digress.
So Mimi was still staying with us and was cleaning the kitchen after breakfast, I was sitting in the brown chair (where I've been parked for the better part of two months), and Silas and Avery were playing in the mixing bowls drawer. All of a sudden, there came an awful racket followed by terrified screams from Silas... one of the bowls that I swore couldn't possibly break broke all over the floor. Avery screams (because Silas is screaming)... and I grab Silas while mom grabs Avery. The kids and I go into the nursery while Mom cleans all the pieces up. We then notice Silas is bleeding from the bottom of his foot! It is everywhere. I run get the first aid supplies and bandage his poor little foot and he is finally calming down. Poor guy.
I look up and Avery is pointing at her foot and basically won't give it up until I bandage her foot too! She wanted a bandage just like her brother's. I wonder if her foot hurt too? They say twins are funny about that kind of thing....
![]() |
| All better now. |



Oh my - I did not think that bowl would break either - looks like new plastic ones should be on Santa's list for you! Glad it was not worse!
ReplyDeleteMeredith-
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet it makes me want to cry! Your babies are precious and I love reading their stories!!
:)