Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Uh Oh... Spaghetti-O

First time for spaghetti:  Success. 

Silas (in total "boy" fashion) was not timid about jumping right in. Avery, however, approached the slimy, sauce-covered noodles with care. She pinched each noodle for inspecion and after satisfactory approval she began to stuff her face too. They had a blast. So did we.  They no doubt get their manners from...  I foresee many family suppers where we learn from the book Soup Should be Seen, Not Heard.


"May we touch it? Really??!!"


"Slippery noodles... "


"Can't stop... so good!"


Excuse me!


FYI, that's a spoon with a knob on the end... not a tennis ball. According to Silas, spoons are for smearing everything on the tray.


Get in my belly!!

Of course, we held both at arms length and placed directly in the bathtub. And yes, I cleaned noodles out of the tub.

Sunday afternoon, we went for a swim!  The challenge this time was keeping them in the pool. They wanted to get in and then get out, get in then out, pet Millie through the railing, get in.... you get the picture.

Poor Millie wanted to be a part of the party.


Silas and Avery loved the bubbles!
We're anxiously awaiting cousin Eleanor's arrival WEDNESDAY!!  Since most of the family will be in town today, we're going to have Silas and Avery's "first" birthday party this afternoon. Seriously... has it been a year??  I don't even want to think about it! 

p.s. Avery is taking about 5 - 6 steps before sitting down.... any day now we'll have another bipedalist in the Warf household!  (Silas is still hanging on with white knuckles... cute cautious little guy. I will never complain about a boy that is a little cautious:-)

1 comment:

  1. They're getting so big, Mer! I love the pic of Silas with the noodle stuck to his face... what precious little ones! I know they can't wait to meet Eleanor:)

    ReplyDelete