Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Dolls and Bicycles

We met some friends for supper at Soulshine Pizza recently... and Avery was introduced to her first baby doll. Take a look at the video:





Needless to say... Aunt GG bought her one of her very own! She loves it. I had no idea she was old enough to really like a baby doll... but she does!


Having brunch with her baby in Sandestin.  Cheeeeessssse!!

I attended a continuing education course in Sandestin, Florida last week... and Bruce, Silas, Avery, and Grace came with me!!  We're so glad GG came... don't think Bruce and I could have handled the dynamic duo (especially since I had class all day!). So while I learned from Dr. Andrews and his crew about injuries in football, Bruce, GG, Silas and Avery played at the pool, shopped, napped, you name it. We decided to try the beach the first night... um, well... we had about 5 seconds of uncertainty... then somebody decided he did NOT like the sand.  (I'm told his mom didn't either when she was 8 months old. ha)



hmmm...not so sure. 

He was D.O.N.E. with the sand and waves after about 5 seconds.

Of course, as soon as Daddy picked them up, all was hunky-dory. 

Here are some other snapshots of the week:

The 2nd try was a little better:-)



Some of my favorites:
Avery is always ready to GO!
The last afternoon, we rode bikes around the resort... Silas rode on Bruce's bike and Avery was on mine... and Aunt GG was on her own bike. Avery LOVED riding and waving and smiling to everyone as we breezed past... but Silas hated it. Poor thing was just scared to death. He was gripping the little handlebars in

front of his seat with white knuckles. He started crying and Bruce had to return the bike early. When we got back to the bike store, he and Bruce were sitting on the deck smiling and laughing. Oh well, we'll have to try again sometime soon.

 
My little bicycle buddy!


I'll end with this cutie pie.


Update: Avery has now mastered the forward creeping! (on hands and knees and crawling forward) Silas still "commando crawls" everywhere he wants to go... and I mean EVERYWHERE! Keep a close eye on these little people! We always know where Avery is... she usually lets her presence be known:-)... but Silas turns on his "stealth" and slithers across the room in what seems like nanoseconds.
Oh, and yay!! Silas and Avery both have started to embrace the idea of a sippy cup. They each love their little cup of apple juice in the afternoons. I guess the next step is to try a bottle in the sippy cup... here we go!








1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the video of Avery and the doll/pix of Silas's dislike for sand..My granddaughter, Ayden, didn't like it, either, until she was about 2..Thanks so much for taking time to share the precious memories being made and your adorable babies with us...Hope to see you all soon...Love you

    ReplyDelete